Women's Business Center
The Women's Business Center (WBC) at WomenVenture is one of two WBCs in Minnesota. WBCs are part of a network of nearly 100 educational centers designated by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to level the playing field for women entrepreneurs who face unique obstacles in the world of business. WBCs ensure that critical resources are available to all women entrepreneurs, and specifically those who are economically or socially disadvantaged.
WomenVenture provides its services on a non-discriminatory basis and is committed to making its programs and services accessible to everyone, including those with special needs.
- WomenVenture does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, disability, age or national origin in services or accommodations offered or provided to our clients, customers, guests, applicants for service, volunteers or members of the public.
- WomenVenture does not discriminate if a person does not speak English as their primary language. If a person has a limited ability to read, speak, write or understand English, we provide language assistance services such as: oral interpretation services, bilingual staff, and written language services. For more information, contact a WomenVenture Client Services Specialist at 612-224-9540.
- WomenVenture is located in a handicapped accessible building at 2021 East Hennepin Avenue in Minneapolis (Hennepin Square Building); free parking is available in the Hennepin Square lot with 6 designated handicapped parking spaces near the entrance.
- WomenVenture is easily accessible by bus; if taking the #3 bus, get off at 22nd Avenue and Como Avenue. Walk two blocks north to East Hennepin and two blocks west to Taft Street NE. If taking the #61 bus, get off at Taft Street NE and East Hennepin. The office is on the corner of Taft and East Hennepin.
- WomenVenture provides reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities; a Request for Accommodation form must be completed at least two weeks prior to program/service start date. For more information, contact a WomenVenture Client Services Specialist at 612-224-9540.
- WomenVenture provides generous scholarships to serve a greater number of emerging entrepreneurs. Please check our revised Scholarship Qualification chart to make a preliminary evaluation of your status.
- WomenVenture provides entrepreneurs access to work stations with computers and internet access for no cost and are available during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
For more information about the Women's Business Center or accessibility, contact a WomenVenture Client Services Specialist at 612-224-9540.
Or email your question(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.