WomenVenture relies on our individual supporters to help us grow and sustain women entrepreneurs and small business owners. We hope you will help us support our clients by donating today.
Frequently Asked Questions
What will my donation support?
Your donation will be used toward WomenVenture’s operating expenses, including any of the following as need dictates:
- Training Program Costs: Scholarships for low-income training clients, materials for classes, training volunteers to deliver our programs, mentor training, and curriculum development
- Loan Program Costs: Pre-loan and post-loan coaching, underwriting time and materials, closing costs, and new program development
- Operations: Updates to technology and office infrastructure to better serve clients, outreach efforts to clients, partners, and funders, staff development activities
Is my contribution tax-deductible?
Yes, WomenVenture is a 501(c)(3), so your donation is tax-deductible to the extent provided by law. Most donations are 100% tax-deductible, and we provide tax receipts for all donations to ensure you have a record of your donation.
Where can I see WomenVenture’s financials?
What is WomenVenture’s Employer Identification Number (EIN)?
It is 41-1463426.
Whom do I contact if I have a question or problem making a donation?
Contact our Advancement Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
My company matches my gifts to 501(c)(3) organizations. Is WomenVenture eligible to receive this type of match?
Yes, if your company provides matching gifts for donations or volunteer hours, here are two ways to submit:
- Send a completed matching gift form to WomenVenture or to your employer as per their instructions.
- If your company uses a matching gift platform, submit your request through the portal by selecting WomenVentureor by entering our EIN (41-1463426).
If you have any questions or need support, please contact us at email@example.com
How do I update or cancel my recurring gift?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request changes to your recurring donation.
Do you keep my information private?
Our mission is to help women attain economic self-sufficiency through the creation and growth of profitable and sustainable businesses, and our vision is to provide entrepreneurial women with tools, capital, and support to lead businesses that create living-wage jobs. As a non-profit organization in Minnesota, WomenVenture relies on generous gifts from individuals and companies to fulfill our mission.
Information We Collect & Use
We collect and use information based on the type of charitable donation, including a donor’s name, address, email, phone number, job title and company, donation amount, type, and frequency of contribution, and payment information. Information is collected through our website, paper donation forms and third-party event and donation processors. Donor information for stock transfers, legacy gifts, in-kind donations, and corporate giving is collected as required by law and generally accepted accounting practice.
WomenVenture will, at its discretion, contact individuals from whom we have collected personal information to announce events, programs, request donations and other items of potential interest and benefit.
During any fundraising campaign or request for donation we will provide clear information whether those seeking donations are employees, volunteers, or hired solicitors.
Limitations on Sharing of Donor Information
Access to donor information will be restricted internally to those with a business need to process donations and/or manage donor relationships. Collected donor information will not be shared with third parties other than those contracted as a means to collect or process donations. WomenVenture does not sell, share, exchange or trade donor information.
In recognition of our valued donors, we list their names in our annual report. We include the option on our donation forms to enable the donor to remain anonymous.
Discontinue Solicitation Policy
- Policy: Recipients not wishing to receive additional information from WomenVenture may opt out at any time. WomenVenture will discontinue soliciting any person upon oral or written request directed to the organization, its professional fundraiser or other agent. WomenVenture shall maintain a record of all requests by persons who indicate to WomenVenture, its professional fundraiser, and other agents, that they do not wish to be solicited by or on behalf of WomenVenture.
- Limitation: This policy does not prohibit contact by WomenVenture that is solicited by a person or a person’s representative, even if the person or his/her representative have requested to be placed on the “do not solicit list.” Contact by WomenVenture that is solicited by a person whose name appears on “do not solicit” list shall be limited to providing a direct response to the person’s inquiry and shall not cause the person’s name to be removed from the “do not solicit” list.
- Procedure: Upon a person’s (or a person’s authorized representative’s) request that WomenVenture discontinue further solicitation, the person’s name and address will be promptly removed from WomenVenture’s database or modified to ensure that no further solicitation is made. WomenVenture will also take steps to ensure the person’s name is removed from any external databases or records under WomenVenture’s control.
- Permanent Record: WomenVenture will maintain a record of all requests for discontinuation of solicitation. The records of persons who have made such a request will be maintained by WomenVenture to the extent necessary for legal or liability purposes.
To review/update information or discontinue solicitation, please contact:
Address: 2021 E Hennepin Ave, #200, Minneapolis, MN 55413
WomenVenture is a Women’s Business Center as designated by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). WomenVenture is a 501(c)3 nonprofit. Donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.