Five online sessions focused on utilizing Wonderschool tools to increase efficiency, financial sustainability, and enrollment. Includes monthly focused sessions with WomenVenture business and child care consultants to support and strengthen your family child care business.
Includes free, one-year Wonderschool access and support to save providers time on financial record-keeping and management, parent communication, and utilizing tools needed to grow and manage your business! Learn more about how Wonderschool can help you grow your family child care business.
Orientation (60 mins.)
Welcome to Wonderschool! (90 mins.)
The goal for this session is to create a Wonderschool account and start building your website. In this session, providers will:
• Create their account
• Update availability
• Learn how to create and navigate their website, while highlighting features such as philosophy, a statement about themselves, uploading photos, and more!
WomenVenture Accounting Training (60 mins)
The goal for this session is for providers to create a set of best accounting practices for their licensed family child care business. In this session, providers will:
• Create a record-keeping system
• Design an accounting flow
• Learn key accounting terms
Financial Tools: Revenue & Expense Tracking and Payments (90 mins)
The goals for this session are for providers to learn how to navigate the finance features of Wonderschool and apply accounting best practices. In this session, providers will:
• Use the platform to add a student, receipts, and income
• Learn how to add bank account information and run income and expense reports
• Analyze receipts and apply accounting best practices
Driving Family Engagement (60 mins)
The final training session focuses on marketing, the use of the Wonderschool app, and family engagement. In this session, providers will:
• Learn how to use the Wonderschool app to keep attendance records and share child updates
• Employ a variety of communication techniques to engage the families they serve
Participants will receive ongoing one-on-one consulting throughout the year. Consulting sessions will be scheduled individually and will provide customized support and solutions for your business from WomenVenture’s consulting and childcare experts.
All participants must be Family Child Care providers and licensed in Minnesota.